Today is another teaser time day for My Favorite Things and I have made another project to show you! This one primarily uses my new set called Sweet Christmas, but I also used two other sets (in very small amounts) that are part of the new October releases.
I realized after looking at this layout on the computer right now that it is SO me - totally my colors and whimsical style. And then I thought to myself... that is because they are stamps drawn by me, so naturally they would reflect my style preferences! Just a pondering moment for me that I thought I would share.... I really DO love playful, happy, colorful, whimsical images and I'm so glad I have gotten the chance to create some to use on my layouts!
Here are a few pointers / tips / ideas I incorporated in this layout using my stamps:
- I stamped the images with black embossing ink and then used Ranger clear embossing powder on top. This is certainly not a necessary step and not visible to the eye in a photo, but it does give the stamped images a nice raised, shiny edge to color inside of.
- For the title of this layout, I cut the stamped images apart and used one word from each of the three sentiments in the set. You can get more use out of your stamp sets if you just alter them to fit your needs! I also cut the holly/berries off of one (after it was stamped).
- For the snow on the roof of the gingerbread house, I used white glitter glue that adds some texture so it looks puffy. This one is by Martha Stewart and has a lot of dimension - too bad I'm out and bought it a few years ago!
- I can't stop using the loopy border die-namic - you can tell I'm in love with it! I cut it from light blue paper and then used Copics to add shading and make sure it matched my colored in images.
- I stamped the diamond pattern and the words "you decorate my life" with MFT whip cream ink. These stamps are from the new sets called Ornament Banner Builder and More Washi Patterns. I wanted the images to be subtle, so I first stamped them on cardstock and then stamped them the second time on my layout. I'm also in love with this ink - it provides perfect coverage for a light ink (I've had some that do NOT work this well!). What did I ever do before I discovered MFT products I ask myself!
And that's about it for tips and tricks! I hope you enjoyed this layout and it didn't force you to break your diet today like it did me! haha Maybe these stamps will help satify my sweet teeth during the holidays so I don't eat too much sugar!
Don't forget to leave a comment to be eligible to win a set of my Sweet Christmas stamps. I'll be announcing two winners on my post during the New Product Release on Tuesday, October 8th, at 7:00 pm pst when the sets all go on sale. And make sure to visit all of the design teams blogs each day as well to see all of their lovely creations using the new products! Thanks for visiting and Happy Monday to all! Suzy
MFT supplies used on this layout with links to purchase (new products will not link until they go up for sale):